President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev paid a state visit to Italy in February 2020 resulted in the signing of over 25 documents, including the Joint Declaration on Strengthening Multidimensional Strategic Partnership. Traditionally partners in the oil field, Baku and Rome have expanded their partnership to the natural gas sector, including the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor, a set of pipelines aimed at bringing natural gas from the Caspian region to the EU for the first time. This report outlines the current development of Italy-Azerbaijan energy relations in the light of latest bilateral talksView Fullscreen
CCEE Policy Brief No. 35: “Italian-Azerbaijan Energy Cooperation: Prospects and Challenges”
- CCEE Policy Brief No. 44: "The Electric Vehicles Market in Azerbaijan: Challenges and Recommendations"
- CCEE Policy Brief No. 43: "Biodiversity Loss: Alarm Bell Tolls"
- CCEE Policy Brief No. 42: "Women and Climate Change in Azerbaijan"
- CCEE Policy Brief No. 41: "Public Participation in Environmental Decision-making: The case of Azerbaijan"
- CCEE Policy Brief No. 40: "The Kura River: Is freshwater availability at stake?"